Wyze camera gadgets are an amazing set of devices, but their installation instructions aren’t so straightforward. Connecting your Wyze Camera to a new Wireless network isn’t so clear. So, in this article, we will deal with How to Connect Wyze Camera to New WiFi.
Since it’s a straight-through process, you can connect the Wyze Camera to your new wifi DIY. That said, let’s go into detail on how to connect and disconnect the Wyze Camera to a New Wifi. We will also discuss if a Wyze Camera can Work without Wi-Fi in the following sections of this article.
How to Connect Wyze Camera to New WiFi?
We discovered that when your Wyze camera is connected to one ISP and stable in a location, your connection is perfect, and everything runs smoothly. But, once your change your location or ISP or even your Wi-Fi connection, the Wyze camera—which isn’t very intuitive—doesn’t proactively switch with you. So, let’s see how to Connect Wyze Camera to New WiFi for the best results.
What Tools Will You Need
- A Wyze Camera.
- A Smartphone device.
- A WiFi Password.
Steps on Connecting the Wyze Camera to a New WiFi
- Connect a USB chord to the Wyze Camera to power it on. Alternatively, you can connect the Wyze Camera to an electrical power outlet. Then, wait until the light turns yellow (usually circa 30 seconds).
- You will notice the Setup button at the back of the camera. Press down the button until it displays an autonomous prompt saying, “Ready to connect.”
- Return to the Smartphone application and tap on the three dots in the upper right part of the app. When it displays the options, choose the Add a Product option. Then, add your camera’s device to using the proper name (e.g., Wyze Cam, Bulb, Sensor, etc.).
- It will display a window, ensuring to follow the installation procedures given. Sometimes, it may take a while, so give it some time.
- The windows will require you to select a 2.4GHz Wireless network and type your password. It’s important to note that the Wyze Camera devices don’t support 5GHz networks, so put that in your heart. Then, connect to the new Wireless network using the right password.
- After that, scan the camera’s QR code on your Wyze Cam app. Once it scans the QR code, it will prompt you with a voice command saying “QR code scanner.” Select the button, notifying that you’ve listened to the voice command.
- After choosing it from the list of devices, you can now select a label for the Wyze cam by tapping on the Settings option (signified by the gear icon). Simply click on the device’s name and rename it to a new, preferred name.
Notably, if you have two or more Wyze Cameras to connect to the same network, then repeat these same procedures for all the cameras you want to connect. You can also personalize the cameras as you desire, even making edits as often as possible. These settings include sound and motion detection.
Now that we’ve considered the steps on how to connect your Wyze camera to a new WiFi let’s consider the steps on how to disconnect it.
How To Disconnect Wyze Camera From Wifi?
Unlike the steps on how to connect the Wyze Camera to WiFi, the procedures for disconnecting the camera from your WiFi is rather shorter and simpler. If you’re ready for this, then follow the steps below.
- Go to the Wyze Camera app on your computer.
- You will see the list of connected and available Wyze cameras connected to it. Click on the camera you want to disconnect, and it will open an option for you. Click on the Disconnect button to disconnect the desired Wyze camera from your network.
Does A Wyze Camera Work Without Wi-Fi?
The Wyze Camera devices weren’t designed to function without an internet connection. It’s the internet connection that enables users to live-stream and receive notifications and also make adjustments on the app.
On the contrary, you can connect your Wyze camera to a Wireless (WiFi) network to set up the Wyze Cam using the Wyze app. Then, once you’ve configured the camera and inserted a microSD card, you can set the local capturing to the microSD card. This way, your Wyze camera will keep on recording and storing the data on the microSD card, even while you’ve turned off or disconnected the WiFi network.
However, you won’t be able to connect your smartphone to the Wyze camera when the camera is offline. Also, you won’t be able to access videos from the live stream or even make adjustments to the camera settings. Additionally, your Wyze cam won’t be able to store and alert video over the cloud. Thus, the features for motion and sound detection will not work.
Therefore, you’d have to take the Wyze cam back to the region around your WiFi network used to set it up. Then, to view the videos, click on the Playback feature in your Wyze app. Alternatively, you can remove the device’s microSD card to access the raw videos on a personal computer. When you put back the microSD card into the Wyze camera, it will continue from the previous recording.
Notably, the majority of Wyze cameras are compatible with up to 32 GB microSD storage. This stores circa 2 to 3 days of playback capturing. Once the storage fills up, the camera overwrites the video footage in a FIFO method, cleaning out the oldest video for a newer one to enter. Whereas, when connected to a WiFi network, the camera can record as long as the phone’s device can carry.
That said, we can see that, although your camera can record offline, it’s not the best option.
If you’ve been wondering how To Connect Wyze Camera To New WiFi, we believe you have your answer above. The processes are simple; you only need to power your Wyze camera, then press and hold the settings button at the back of the camera. Click on the “Add new device” button on your mobile app and add the Wyze camera. Then, you’d be required to scan the device. Do so, and you’d be able to modify and control the Wyze camera on your smartphone whenever you want.