The key to level up the security of your home or property is to add security cameras. No matter how durable and sturdy door, window, and construction you have, without a security camera, your home or property is not in full security.
When it comes to the security camera, a trail camera is now very popular. The trail camera has multiple uses, and no matter what your purpose is, you will find it helpful. For security, it has become a top-notch option nowadays. But you need to choose the best trail camera for security to get full utility out of it.
How can you find out the best one since you are buying it for the first time? Well, our review can help you find the right one for you.
Can I Use A Trail Camera For Security?
Many homeowners are in doubt since it used to use for outdoor recreational purposes or hunting purposes. However, trail cameras can be great for security purposes along with hunting or photographing purposes. It features a strong motion sensor that captures the image or video when anything moves.
There is a date and time so that you can understand when this happens. Even some cameras send video and images in real-time to your smartphone to let you know something is happening. Thus it ensures maximum safety to your property. That means yes, you can use a trail camera for security, and it will serve better than others.
How Did We Review
To find out the best trail camera for security, we have teamed up with 4 of our members and skimmed through 50+ cameras in the market. We spend 40+ hours checking the features of these products while reading 100+ customer reviews online. In addition, we did go through 12+ online reviews to get the most out of our selection. And finally, we have come up with this piece of article with the 10 best options for you.
Quick Summary – Best Trail Camera For Security
If you are in a hurry, don’t worry. Just skim through the gist of what we have found for you in our pursuit of the best wifi trail camera for security.
- Editor’s Pick: [2022 Upgrade] 2-Pack Game Trail Deer Cameras 16MP Full HD 1080P
- Best For Video: TOGUARD WiFi Trail Camera 20MP 1296P Hunting Game Camera
- Best For Trigger Speed: Alpha Cam Premium Hunting Trail Camera 30MP 1080p
- Best For Night Vision: WingHome Trail Camera, 12/16/22MP 1080P Game Camera with Night Vision
- Best Viewing Angle: Campark Trail Camera-Waterproof Game Hunting Scouting Cam 14MP 1080P
- Best For Burst Mode: Stealth Cam G42NG No-Glow Trail Game Camera
- Great Frame Rate: Bushnell 30MP CORE Trail Camera
- Best For Camera Security: CAMLOCKbox Security Box
- Best For Creative XP: CREATIVE XP Security Metal Box 3G & 4G Cellular Trail Cameras
- Best For Power: Wosports Mini Trail Camera 1080P HD Wildlife Scouting Hunting Camera
Table of Content:
If you do not have enough time to read the entire content, you can check out our table of content to perceive everything described below.
To make a better a better decision, you should compare all the cameras at once. Here is our comparison chart that will help you compare all the cameras at once.
|[2021 Upgrade] 2-Pack Game Trail Deer Cameras||Check Price On Amazon|
Best For Video
|TOGUARD Upgraded Trail Camera WiFi Bluetooth||Check Price On Toguard|
Best For Trigger Speed
|Alpha Cam Premium Hunting Trail Camera 30MP 1080p||Check Price On Amazon|
Best For Night Vision
|WingHome Trail Camera, 12/16/22MP 1080P Game Camera||Check Price On Amazon|
Best Viewing Angle
|Campark Trail Camera-Waterproof 16MP 1080P Game Hunting Scouting Cam|
Best For Burst Mode
|Stealth Cam G42NG No Glo Trail and Wildlife Camera||Check Price On Amazon|
Great Frame Rate
|Bushnell 30MP CORE Trail Camera, Dual Sensor||Check Price On Amazon|
Best For Camera Security
|CAMLOCKBOX Security Box Compatible with Covert Code Black||Check Price On Amazon|
Best For Creative XP
|CREATIVE XP Security Metal Box 3G & 4G Cellular Trail Cameras||Check Price On Amazon|
Best For Power
|1 Pack Mini Trail Camera 1080P HD Wildlife Scouting Hunting Camera||Check Price On Amazon|
10 Best Trail Camera For Security Reviews 2022
Due to the increased popularity of trail cameras, the market is now flooded with so many brands and models. Since you do not know the ABCD of trail cameras, it becomes tough to find out the best one for you. That is why we have come up with some top-class trail cameras with their features and benefits so that you can pick the right one.
1. Editor’s Pick – [2022 Upgrade] 2-Pack Game Trail Deer Cameras 16MP Full HD 1080P
BlazeVideo Trail Camera is the best trail camera for security. Its camouflage design, HD camera, PIR sensor, and super infrared night vision mode convince us to rank it as the best overall.
This trail camera delivers exceptional security for wildlife research or property protection. Its camouflage or stealth design hides this device from the eyes of animals or intruders. As a result, you can observe the wildlife and the animals without scaring them. Or, if you use this camera for home or office security, it also meets the purpose. No one can understand you have an eye on them because of the camo design of this camera.
Thanks to its 70° PIR sensor and infrared night vision mode. These features also come into play to maximize the security or improve your wildlife observing. This camera can detect a wider area due to the 70° PIR sensor. So, you will never miss animals like deer or others to capture. And its 36pcs no glow infrared LEDs and 940nm infrared flash technology can capture pictures & videos at night up to 75ft. In other words, it brings a crisp & clear view of wildlife or surroundings at night.
We also fall in love with the time-lapse feature of this trail hunting camera. Due to this feature, the camera takes photos or videos automatically at a specified interval. This feature will be beneficial for observing cold-blooded animals like a snake. Alternatively, you can place this camera activated with the time-lapse mode to monitor certain areas like a park to enhance security.
Privacy is also important for property monitoring. This camera features a password that prevents unauthorized access. Also, it has a serial number for each camera to know the location for multi-camera users. You get the unique button, simple menu design, and LCD display for easy use.
2022 Upgrade2 Features:
- It captures 1080P videos and 16MP images when motion detected with its stealth waterproof design.
- With its 65° PIR sensor, it detects a wider area and offers night vision up to 65ft to ensure security even at night.
- 8 AA batteries deliver 3 – 6 months backup and auto power off in 5 minutes to ensure more energy savings.
- It has time-lapse to take pictures and videos on a regular interval consistently to allow you to get property updates in real-time.
- This camera features a password to prevent unauthorized access and serial number to know the camera location for multi-camera users.
- Megapixel: 20 MP
- Video Resolution: 1080P
- Frame: 30FPS
- Night Vision Range: 70ft
- Video Compression: H.264
- Trigger Speed: 0.5S
2. Best For Video – TOGUARD WiFi Trail Camera 20MP 1296P Hunting Game Camera
If you want to get a trail camera for high-quality video, you should go for the Topguard Wifi Trail Camera. It features a 20MP camera that can record video at 1296P resolutions. So, you can watch every detail of a scene this camera records.
This camera captures 20MP images and 1296P videos when it detects any motion along with super clear sound to see and hear the wildlife and the property you are monitoring. You will have built-in WIFI that connects the camera to your phone through its app for real-time updates.
It features infrared LEDs to let you see at night with a range of 65FT. With its 3 sensors, it offers 0.3s trigger shot when anything moves to make sure you do not miss any shot. As a result, you can monitor your property and hunting all the time so it can be considered as the best game camera for security.
Construction is important for durability and outdoor monitoring. This amazing camera is waterproof and also works fine in the dust to make sure it works fine, even in rough weather. You can get all these features within your tight budget that makes it one of the great affordable game cameras
TOGUARD WiFi Features:
- It captures 20MP images and 1296P videos when it detects any motion with clear sound to see and hear the wildlife and the property.
- You will have built-in WIFI that connects the camera to your phone through its app for real-time updates.
- It features infrared LEDs to let you see at night clearly with a range of 65FT to ensure night security.
- With its 3 sensors, it offers 0.3s trigger shot when anything moves to make sure you do not miss any shot.
- This amazing camera is waterproof and also works fine in the dust to make sure it works fine, even in rough weather.
- Megapixel: 20 MP
- Video Resolution: 1296P
- Frame: 30FPS
- Night Vision Range: 65ft
- SD Card: 32 GB
- Waterproof: IP66
3. Best For Trigger Speed – Alpha Cam Premium Hunting Trail Camera 30MP 1080p
If you are looking for a trail camera that is affordable yet provides all the features of the expensive and high-quality camera, then Alpha Cam Premium Hunting Trail Camera can be a good option for you. It captures 30MP Images and 1080P H.264 video with 30FPS and lets you see the preview in 2.4″ Color Viewscreen.
With its 0.2s Ultra-Fast Trigger Speed along with ultra-fast Recovery Rate, there is no chance of missing any shot. You will get coverage up to 90 feet with a smart motion sensor, so whenever anything moves in that range, it captures the shot. For night monitoring, it has IR Flash 100 Feet Distance for Best Low Noise Black and White Night vision.
It offers 30 Month Extended Standby Battery Life to reduce the energy cost so it can be the best trail camera for the money. Like any other good camera, this one is waterproof and easy to install as well. You can get all these features in your budget so that it can be considered as the best budget trail camera.
Alpha Cam Features:
- It captures 30MP Images and 1080P H.264 video with 30FPS and lets you see the preview in 2.4″ Color Viewscreen.
- With its 0.2s Ultra-Fast Trigger Speed along with ultra-fast Recovery Rate, there is no chance of missing any shot
- You will get coverage up to 90 feet with a smart motion sensor so whenever anything moves in that range.
- For night monitoring, it has IR Flash 100 Feet Distance for Best Low Noise Black and White Night vision.
- It offers 30 Month Extended Standby Battery Life to reduce the energy cost and waterproof construction for tough use.
- Megapixel: 30 MP
- Video Resolution: 1080P
- Frame: 30FPS
- Night Vision Range: 100ft
- Motion Sensor: 90ft
- Trigger Speed: 0.2S
4. Best For Night Vision – WingHome Trail Camera, 12/16/22MP 1080P Game Camera with Night Vision
WingHome Trail Camera will be your go-to pick if you want to get a camera with excellent night vision mode. Its 58-pc no-glow infrared LEDs can capture crisp & clear black and white photos at night with no fish-eye distortion. Due to this feature, you can observe everything in the wild or around your home at night.
If your concern is to find a security camera that works find for your property and hunting games, then WingHome Trail Camera is your solution. It captures 12/16/22MP photos and 1080p video clips up to 1-min with audio. You can see it on the inner 2″ color LCD screen along with audio for home security, hunting, and wildlife observation.
You will get 0.3-sec trigger speed that captures fast-moving objects with precision with 65-ft detection range and 100° viewing angle. As a result, you can monitor your property smoothly so it can be considered as the best trail camera for home security. With its no-glow LED, you will have night vision with no fish-eye distortion for best night security.
It offers good service in heavy rain and snow with sturdy construction and easy to mount option. You will have 12 AA batteries for 6-8 months’ standby battery life even in this cheap camera that makes it a real good cheap trail camera.
WingHome Trail Features:
- It captures 12/16/22MP photos and 1080p video clips up to 1-min with audio for home security, hunting, and wildlife observation.
- You will get 0.3-sec trigger speed that captures fast-moving objects with precision with 65-ft detection range and 100° viewing angle.
- With its no-glow LED, you will have night vision with no fish-eye distortion for best night security.
- It offers good service in heavy rain and snow with sturdy construction and easy to mount option.
- You will have 12 AA batteries for 6-8 months’ standby battery life that ensure maximum time protection.
- Megapixel: 22 MP
- Video Resolution: 1080P
- LCD Screen: 2 inches
- Viewing Angle: 100 Degree
- Waterproof: IP66
- Trigger Speed: 0.3S
5. Best Viewing Angle – Campark Trail Camera-Waterproof Game Hunting Scouting Cam 14MP 1080P
Up next is the Campark Trail Camera that comes into the market to provide the highest customer value home security and outdoor recreation. It captures 14 MP crystal clear images and 1080P full HD videos that you can see in 2.4” LCD. It ensures more details during daytime for best property security and wildlife observation.
You will have 3 sensors that trigger the camera instantly in 0.3s up to 20m (65ft) when motion detected so you never miss any exciting moments. With 42 pcs upgraded infrared LEDs, 3 passive infrared sensors, and 850nm infrared technology, the camera detects and records every motion even at dark night. It ensures maximum surveillance capacity all the time that makes it the best trail camera to use for surveillance.
Despite all these features, it is inexpensive, so it can be considered as a good cheap wildlife camera. It offers a 120° detecting range which is higher than most of the top-class trail cameras. Also, you will have sturdy waterproof construction yet easy to install and use options. So with all these features, this one should be considered as the best trail camera for security
Campark Trail Features:
- It captures 14 MP crystal clear images and 1080P full HD videos that you can see in 2.4” LCD to ensure more details when monitoring property and wildlife.
- You will have 3 sensors that trigger the camera instantly in 0.3s up to 20m (65ft) when motion detected so you never miss any important things.
- With 42 pcs infrared LEDs, 3 sensors, and infrared technology, the camera detects and records every motion at dark night.
- It offers a 120° detecting range, which is higher than most of the top-class trail cameras.
- You will get sturdy construction that is waterproof and still offer easy installation and simple use option.
- Megapixel: 16 MP
- Video Resolution: 1080P
- Waterproof: IP56
- Viewing Angle: 120 Degree
- Direction: 65ft
- LED: 42 Pcs
6. Best For Burst Mode – Stealth Cam G42NG No-Glow Trail Game Camera
Keep your house safe and sound with the Stealth Cam G42NG camera. It is specialized for low-light performance that can give you a proper imaging service even when it’s dark around. The camera comes with 42 LEDs that emit infrared lights to capture images in the dark. With around 100 feet range, you can get what you want even from a longer distance.
Another impressive feature it comes with is automatic imaging in seconds. To clarify, you can get up to 9 images in a second! If you are looking for a perfect image at a perfect time, that’s the kind of option you need. Again, this very system allows you to take timelapse shots, as well.
Further, the camera comes with a variety of megapixel settings. You can select from 2 MP up to 10 MP camera mode for the type of photo you need. Again, as for the memory in it, the device supports external storage up to 32Gb. That, too, can be password protected.
Stealth Cam G42NG Features:
- This camera is optimized for nighttime imaging in low light so that you can take photos at night
- The device has 42 LEDs set up with IR rays with a capacity of up to 100 ft for maximum imaging
- It comes with a timelapse option for you to get a long video in a short time
- The built-in SD card slot allows you to extend the memory up to 32GB.
- Burst mode imaging allows you to take up to 9 images per one click
- Dimension: 5.5 x 2.83 x 4.25 inches
- Camera MP: 2 to 10 MP
- Video Record: 480P
- Night Vision Range: 100ft
- Memory: Up to 32 GB
- Burst Image: Up to 9
7. Great Frame Rate – Bushnell 30MP CORE Trail Camera
With better image processing comes clearer images. That’s what you get when you own the Bushnell 30MP Core Trail camera. The device is capable of capturing images at 30 MP with the best clarity possible. Again, the video resolution is also pretty impressive – 1080P.
Further, recording at 60FPS allows you to see everything in great detail. Not a single thing can escape your eye anymore! Now, to save the clips and images, the device comes with an SD card slot. In addition to the default memory, you can extend the memory up to 32GB using the slot.
Having a 0.2 S trigger speed and 0.6 S recovery rate is pretty impressive from this device. Using the dual sensor of the camera, the device can clearly distinguish images from day and night. Again, having an effective infrared option inside can capture nighttime images from up to 100 feet.
- The device comes with a 30MP camera resolution that can capture clear pictures
- Video recording allows you to shoot at 60FPS for picture-perfect videography
- The video resolution is 1080P so that you can view the recordings in high definition
- It comes with a dual-sensor to distinguish between day and night for better imaging
- The default memory accepts extension up to 32 GB for better storage
- Weight: 1.17 Pounds
- Camera MP: 30 MP
- Memory: Up to 32 GB
- Video Resolution: 1080P
- Recording FPS: 60
- Trigger Speed: 0.2 S
- Recovery Rate: 0.6 S
8. Best For Camera Security – CAMLOCKbox Security Box
It’s not the camera you need to keep focused on all the time. You need to make sure that the camera is well-protected, as well. To clarify, you have to have a camera box that can safeguard the camera from any kind of impact and damage. So, having a security box-like CamlockBox can come in handy!
These boxes are made from heavy-duty 16-gauge steel. To clarify, the guard is well-constructed and sturdy at the same time. Once you put the box in its place and insert the camera in it, you don’t need to take it down to take the camera out. You can easily put the camera in and out without detaching the box.
Further, the box is coated with camo break-up paint which works in two ways. First, it keeps the natural color of the box fresh. Second, it protects the camera from environmental elements. Again, this box is pretty lightweight and compact in design; you can easily hang it from or tie it around a branch of a tree!
CAMLOCKbox Security Box Features:
- The box is constructed from heavy-duty 16-gauge steel for maximum protection
- It comes with a lightweight and compact design to be placed anywhere you want
- The box is coated with camo break-up paint for durable protection for your camera
- It can be locked with any regular padlock for easy locking solution
- Materials: 16-gauge steel
- Color: Black
- Lock: Any Regular Lock
- Coating: Camo Break-Up Paint
- Installation: Bolted, Bungeed, Belted.
9. Best For Creative XP: CREATIVE XP Security Metal Box 3G & 4G Cellular Trail Cameras
Another excellent protector for your camera is the Creative XP metal box for trail cameras. If you have a Creative XP 3G or 4G trail camera, this one is a perfect security box for you. To clarify, the box can easily fit your Creative XP camera and protect it from any kind of outside impact and damage. Above all, this one is specially made for this particular model.
Again, the box is made from high-quality metal, which is neither too heavy nor too light. That means you can easily carry it around and place it wherever you want. Further, you can easily put the camera in it and take it out without any issue. As for the lock, you can use any type of lock that works the best for you.
Above all, the device is pretty easy to handle and install. All you need to do is take it out from the pack and fit your camera inside. Then, simply hang it or place it in a suitable place and make sure it’s tightly placed. That’s it; you are ready to move!
CREATIVE XP Security Features:
- The camera box is specially designed for Creative XP 3G and 4G cellular trail-camera
- It comes with an easy-to-install method that can be installed by any user without prior idea
- The device is crafted from heavy-duty metal for maximum protection from any outside impact
- It comes with a universal locking system, so you can use any regular locks for it
- Dimension: 7.1 x 5.9 x 3.9 inches
- Weight: 2.4 Pounds
- Material: Metal
- Designed For: Creative XP Cam
- Color: Black
- Lock: Regular
10. Best For Power: Wosports Mini Trail Camera 1080P HD Wildlife Scouting Hunting Camera
We wrap it up with the Wosports Mini Trailer camera for our best wireless trail camera for security review. Although you can use it as a home security camera, the device is specially made for wildlife photography. So, you can get the level of rigidity it comes with and capable of delivering.
Capturing an image on this device is a sweet experience to have. To clarify, the video resolution you get is 1080P, which is full HD. That means you get the clarity you need. As for the image, the camera comes with a 12MP camera for the best possible image processing. Further, you can get the clearest of images at night using the built-in IR sensor.Finally, the camera comes with a 50-degree wide view. So, you can get a clear look at what’s happening around the device and take prompt action accordingly. Even if it is nighttime and you can’t see anything in the pitch-black environment, the camera has got your back. It can still give you the perfectly refined view that you need.
Wosports Mini Trail Camera Features:
- The camera comes with a full HD 1080P video resolution for the best recording format
- It has a 12MP camera for ensuring superb quality pictures for your images
- The device has built-in IR filler that enables superior-quality night vision recording
- It has a 50-degree viewing angle that allows you to have a wider look at the surroundings
- With its low-power consumption technique, the device can run even if the battery is low in power
- Dimension: 1.57 x 1.57 x 0.79 inches
- Weight: 11.3 ounces
- Camera MP: 12 MP
- Memory: SD Card
- Video Resolution: 1080P
- Nightvision: Yes
- Battery: 4 Pcs
How To Setup & Use trail camera
Follow the below steps to set up and use the trail camera:
- Start with opening the box. To do this, pull the little flat back on the right side and release it.
- Batteries go to the bottom. It shows you the orientation of the battery orientation on the inside flap. So, put all the batteries in according to the direction.
- Now, tap on the power button, and it will tell you there is no card.
- So, insert the SD card into the specific slot.
- Finally, adjust the setting, like date, time, and camera mode.
- Once you set everything, you are ready to take pictures and record videos. Just set the camera to a specific location and walk away.
Note: You can also check this video out if you want to watch how to set up a trail camera & use it.
What To Consider Before Buying A Trail Camera For Security?
Not everyone has proper knowledge about the trail camera. Even if you have a list of some of the top-class trail cameras, chances are you might not be able to properly choose the best trail camera for security. That is why we have come up with some tips so you can find the right one for you.
Video and image quality:
The first priority should be the video quality. You are purchasing this trail camera to ensure security at your property or observing wildlife or hunting. Without a good quality image and video, it is tough to ensure security. So make sure the one you have chosen offers maximum video and image to quality to get crystal clear image and high-quality video.
You should consider the trigger speed as well. It tells you how fast a camera can capture a picture. The lower the trigger speed, the faster it takes the picture. That means you should always choose the one with the lowest trigger speed. It will help you capture the picture just when anything moves and ensure perfect security.
Since this camera is designed to use outdoor, it should have sturdy construction so that it can withstand water and heavy weather. You should look for high-quality materials it is made of to ensure high construction. Without a good construction, it will not last long and, at the same time, cannot serve good at rough and tough weather. So make sure you don’t compromise with the construction.
You are not going to monitor your property or observe the wildlife at day only, right? You want to monitor and observe at night as well. That is why you should choose a camera that offers a good quality image and video even at night. Look for infrared LEDs and technology to ensure night vision.
Battery life is no less essential at all. It will determine how long it can serve you. The longer the battery life, the better for you. That is why check for the battery quality and life so that you can monitor and observe for a long time.
Why Should You Buy A Trail Camera For Security?
There are a lot of reasons why you should buy a trail camera for security. Here are a few reasons to buy trail camera for security.
- The trail camera offers high-resolution video and image quality so you can get crystal clear images and high-resolution videos to monitor your property.
- It offers maximum security with its high trigger speed and a fast motion sensor that ensures fast capturing whenever anything moves.
- Along with monitoring your property, you can use it for other purposes such as wildlife observing, hunting games, and other outdoor recreation as well.
- It does not only provide security and monitoring at day but also offers security at night with its infrared technology and sensor for all time security at your property.
- This camera is budget-friendly, meaning that you can ensure security in a tight budget as well
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have any questions? If yes, then you can follow our frequently asked question below
Are apeman trail cameras any good?
The Apeman trail cameras offer excellent photo and video recording. Also, it offers all its benefits at an affordable price that makes it a great trail camera in the market. The detection circuit works great and there is a minimum chance of false triggers. Like other trail cameras, it has three modes including, Photo, Video, and Photo & Video. The best part is- this camera allows you to set resolution for every mode. It also features an adjustable PIR sensitivity. We can’t believe that this camera offers this feature at this price point. Overall, Apeman trail cameras are the best for the bucks.
Do game cameras make noise?
Most of the game cameras do not make any noise when capturing a photo, recording video, or in standby mode. However, some cameras produce a click noise from the IR filters. Keep in mind; not every camera uses IR filters. So, you don’t need to worry about the noise.
Are trail cameras waterproof?
The main purpose of a trail camera is to record wildlife or hunting game or outdoor property security. That means it has to be waterproof to withstand outdoor weather. So yes, most of the trail cameras are waterproof. We recommend you take a look at the IP rating. A trail camera with IP67 means the device is waterproof and it can survive underwater.
Do trail cameras flash at night?
The trail cameras offer night shot nowadays with infrared technology, but there is no visible flash at night. That means the trail cameras flash at night, but you cannot see it.
How long do trail cameras last?
It depends on the quality of the camera as well as the battery. Therefore, these factors like battery, weather, signal quality, and how you use the camera will affect the longevity of the camera. If you have a good battery and camera, it can last up to 2-3 years or more easily.
Finding the best trail camera for security is really important because it offers crystal and clear image and high-quality video recording, instant capturing of a fast-moving object, better construction, and longtime service. That is why we have reviewed some of the top class trail cameras for security with their features and benefits so that you can pick the right one. All of them are good.
However, if you ask me to pick the best one, I will go for the Campark Trail Camera. It offers 14 MP crystal clear images and 1080P full HD videos, sensors for long-range fast capturing so you never miss any important things, clear night vision, high construction to withstand heavy weather, and simple use. You might not get a better option than this one.