If you want to improve the security of your home, then you can put a peephole security camera. It is one of the most used home security devices that allow you to get a clearer and sharper image of what is happening on the other side of the door. Also, it notifies when someone knocks your door and you can record the image and who has gone to your house while you are outside. You can easily set up a security camera without the help of a technician.
In this article, we have highlighted 5 best peephole security cameras after analyzing several products in the market. I hope they will ensure your home security and meets your demands. Let’s dive into it.
What Is A Reverse Peephole Viewer?
Reverse peephole viewer means that you can see inside from outside with the effects of a peephole. It helps to observe what is happening inside your house. You can easily set it by changing the peephole lens faces to inside your house. It is designed for professional use and the specialized lens allows surveillance from outside. You can detect dangers and other activities in real-time. It is used by law enforcement management around the world.
Table of content
Here is the table of content for your quick access:
If you want to see our selected peephole security camera at a glance, you can do it from the comparison chart below:
Ring Peephole Cam - Smart video doorbell, HD video, 2-way talk, easy installation
Ring Video Doorbell with HD Video, Motion Activated Alerts, Easy Installation - Satin Nickel
3.5"LCD HD Screen Peephole Viewer Digital Door Eye Viewer Camera
digitharbor 3.5 inches TFT LCD Screen Digital Door Peephole viewer Camera Night Vision
3.5 inch Digital Doorbell LCD 120 Degree Eye Electronic Peephole Doorbell Color IR Camera
5 Best Peephole Security Camera Reviews 2020
Choosing a peephole security camera is a difficult job because you see various types of models in the market. Here, we have reviewed 5 best peephole security cameras that will meet your requirements and enhance home security. Please, have a look below:
1. Ring Peephole Cam – Smart video doorbell, HD video, 2-way talk, easy installation
Ring Peephole Cam is equipped with a high-quality camera that provides 1080p HD video and strangers sound so you can easily monitor who is standing outside. It has a motion sensor that notifies you when someone knocks on your door or press doorbell. The motion activated peephole camera runs with a removable battery, which is plugged into a wall outlet to recharge.
You can easily set up by unscrewing and removing the existing peephole from your door safely. The complete setup requires only 5 minutes without wiring or drilling. Its motion detection and privacy can be adjusted according to your needs. You can operate the security camera from any smartphones and tablets. Also, it can be used from Alexa enabled devices.
It has a two-way microphone and speaker audio technology that provides good quality sound. Its infrared LED allows to watch a better view with night vision mode. Also, it is worked with 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network of your home. After all, it can be the best security camera for the money.
Ring Peephole Features:
- It comes with a high-quality camera that provides 1080p HD video all-time.
- It has an adjustable motion sensor that notifies you when some knock the door.
- The camera works with a removable battery that can be charged from a wall outlet.
- With smartphones, tablets, PC and Alexa enabled devices, it can be controlled through the home WI-Fi network.
- Its two-way microphone and speaker audio system provide on-demand sound with quality.
2. Ring Video Doorbell with HD Video, Motion Activated Alerts, Easy Installation – Satin Nickel
Ring Video Doorbell is equipped with a high-quality camera that provides 720p HD video. It allows to talk with outside people, see and listen from your smartphone, tablets and PC. Also, it can be controlled with Alexa enables devices and Echo devices through the home WI-fi network. It has a motion sensor that provides alert when someone presses the doorbell or knocks the door so it can be your best peephole security camera.
It has two way talking features that allow to make conversation with microphone and speakers. Also, the system provides high-quality audio for better hearing experience. Its on-demand video enables to watch your home condition anytime with the Live View option. You can easily set up the front door peephole camera with few minutes without drilling or wiring.
The security camera runs with a removable battery that can be recharged from any outlet. It provides 160 degree field view that shows a large area around your house. It runs through the Ring app that has android and iOS support. If you want to spend more, its paid subscription allows to record videos and extra security alert. For these features, it can be considered as the best security camera for home use.
Ring Video Features:
- The security camera provides a 720 pixel HD resolution video so you can get a better view.
- The motion sensor provides alert when someone presses the doorbell or knocks the door.
- Within 3 to 5 minutes, you can easily set up the peephole camera without drilling or wiring.
- It runs with the RING app and it can be used from android and apple devices easily.
- Its Live View option allows to see the current condition of your house with on-demand video and audio.
3. 3.5″LCD HD Screen Peephole Viewer Digital Door Eye Viewer Camera
If you are looking for good affordable security cameras, the 3.5″LCD HD Screen Peephole Viewer is the right option for you. It has 2 megapixels camera that provides an HD outdoor camera that offers 720p video resolution with clear view. It looks like a peephole that ensures protection from other’s invasion. Also, it offers 120 degrees wide angle view so you can get a better visual experience.
The large LCD monitor can standby 15 seconds with no operation. Also, it can be started by pressing a single button and suitable for all users to see the outdoor situation. The outdoor camera is covered with zinc-aluminum metal that ensures durability and protection from damage. The indoor LCD is made with high-quality plastic that also provides durable performance.
The security camera is easy to set up and replace without wiring. It has a night vision quality and alarm system that protect you at night. Also, you will get alert when someone is knocking or pressing the doorbell at your home with day-long service. After all, it is the best budget home security camera system.
3.5″LCD HD Features:
- It is equipped with 2 megapixels camera that provides 720p video resolution.
- The 3.5 inches LCD ensures 120 degrees viewing angle with clear video.
- The outdoor camera is made with zinc alloy metal and LCD is made with plastic that ensures durability.
- It has an extra port to add 2 AAA size batteries for additional support and 15 seconds standby with no operation.
- It notifies you when some knocks door or presses doorbells full day long.
4. Digitharbor 3.5 inches TFT LCD Screen Digital Door Peephole viewer Camera Night Vision
If you are searching for affordable outdoor security cameras, the Digitharbor 3.5 inches TFT LCD Screen Digital Door Peephole viewer will be the best choice in this term. It provides a clear picture that helps to recognize the outdoor situation. It is equipped with a 300000p CMOS lens with an image sensor that ensures random recording with high-resolution video. Also, it has 150 degree super wide-angle features that allow to see the large area outside your door.
It is easy to mount on the door peephole without drilling. It can be started by pressing the button and has a micro SD slot that can support up to 4GB SD cards. Also, with the SD card storage, you can record video for future inspection. In the LCD monitor, you can see videos and photos with the reviewing button. It comes with a round-shaped doorbell that has longevity.
It has a night vision mode that protects you at night by providing a clear view. You can set the contrast level of lighting according to your needs. When someone stands near your doors, it automatically snaps pictures so you can know who tried to enter your home. After all, it can be considered as the best affordable security camera.
- It is equipped with a CMOS image sensor that provides high-quality picture resolution.
- The 3.5 inches TFT screen provides a better viewing experience with 150 degrees wide-angle view.
- It is easy to set up on the door peephole without drilling or wiring.
- It can support up to 4GB SD card that allows long time manual video recording.
- The automatic photo shooting technology ensures extra level security.
5. 3.5 inch Digital Doorbell LCD 120 Degree Eye Electronic Peephole Doorbell Color IR Camera
If you are looking for an inexpensive outdoor security camera, the 3.5 inches Digital Doorbell viewer will be the right choice for you. It has 2 megapixels CMOS sensor cameras that provide 120 degrees super wide viewing experience. The large monitor has a power button that allows to start and turn off the camera. Also, the monitor is designed with OV industrial sensor that provides high image quality on the screen.
It comes with a digital doorbell and portable LCD that is easy to set up at the door peephole without drilling. It runs from AC wall socket and you can add extra 4 AAA sized batteries for load shedding support. Also, it has a low power alarm that ensures power-saving performance with loud sound alert. You can get a better view at night and dark areas.
The camera is covered with zinc-aluminum metal for durability. It is easy to operate because you do not need an extra device to connect and monitor outside of the door. When someone presses the doorbell, you can see who is standing outside. Its image quality is super fine and you can get a better view at high light. For these advantages, it can be the best budget security camera.
3.5 inch Digital Features:
- It is equipped with a 2 megapixels CMOS sensor camera that provides high-resolution video quality.
- The 3.5 inches LCD monitor has a high definition display that ensures clear video.
- With 120 degrees wide-angle view, you can inspect large outside areas clearly.
- It has a low power alarm that makes loud sounds with energy-saving performance.
- The outdoor camera is made with zinc-alloy metal that ensures durability and longevity.
What To Consider Before Buying A Peephole Security Camera?
Nowadays, home security is a big issue and a peephole camera can be a safe investment for your home. But, choosing the right peephole security camera is a challenging task. So, we have presented some important factors that will help you to buy the best peephole security camera. Please, have a look below:
You must necessarily consider the distance and viewing angle before purchasing a peephole security camera. A wide-angle door peephole camera not only show you what’s outside your door but also good coverage of the surrounding area. The viewpoint must be 120 to 160 degrees so you can check everything next to your door.
In some models, you don’t have to go to the door to see who knocked. You can check everything through your smartphone app. So, make sure the electronic peephole has good Wi-Fi connectivity so that you can monitor your front door 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
A good peephole camera for the door must work both day and night. Some cameras do not work well in low light conditions and become totally useless because most thefts occur at night. Before buying the peephole, make sure it has good night vision.
Many of the modern peepholes have a recording function. This means that every time someone approaches your door, a photo will be taken, which will remain forever in the archives of your smartphone. This is useful if you have to go back to a past event.
Audio and video quality
There are some peepholes with an integrated microphone that will allow you to speak live simply by pressing a button on your smartphone. This is very useful if you have to tell the postman to leave the parcel in front of the door.
If your security camera provides a poor quality video, it will be useless. The video quality should be at least 320 pixels. If there is an option for recording videos, it will be good for future inspection but not mandatory.
By following these factors, you can buy a peephole security camera that will secure your home and fulfill all demands.
Note: Here, we have covered the peephole security camera buying guide. If you want to discover more about security cameras, you can read the security camera buying guide.
Why Should You Buy A Peephole Security Camera?
For several advantages and high-security systems, you should buy a peephole security camera. Some of them are:
- With a digital peephole, we can have a wider field of view, with clear and sharp images and videos. So, you can easily detect what or who is standing next to the door.
- By connecting your peephole with your mobile or computer, you don’t need to move when the doorbell rings or some knocks the door. You can simply see who knocks on the door on any of these devices to decide what to do.
- If you have a peephole security camera, you can find night vision features. So, it does not matter if the light is on or off, whether it is day or night: you will perfectly see who is knocking on your door.
- With these devices, you can have great control over the people who enter the house. You are not looking for greater security against strangers if you do not know what people enter your home.
- If you have a second residence, you can control without having to disturb a neighbor or doorman of the other property.
These are the advantages of having a peephole security camera. Now, you can buy the best one from our reviewed peephole security cameras.
Frequently Asked Questions
In the below section, we will answer some frequently asked questions about the peephole security camera.
How do you remove a peephole?
At first, remove the inside part with needle-nose fliers and move it counterclockwise to lose it. Then remove it carefully with finger pressure from the door.
Can you put a peephole in a door?
Yes. You can put peephole easily in your door. Just, make a hole with a drill machine and insert the lens with sleeves then add it with a peephole at the door.
How big is a peephole?
The standard measurement is usually between 10mm to 12mm thick and provides 160 degrees wide-angle view. You can easily drill your door 3/8 inches spade bits for this sized peephole.
What height do you install a peephole?
You should install a peephole between 4 feet to 6 feet from your floor. Before mounting, you should measure the height and point with a pencil for testing the perfect viewing angle.
Can cops cover the peephole?
It is legal and cops can cover the peephole if they want or see any problems. But they will not charge you. If you describe the exact reason, they will not cover it.
If you are tired of having to look through the tiny hole of your peephole every time, the solution is installing a peephole security camera. Here, we have reviewed 5 best peephole security cameras that will meet your demands.
In the meantime, I would like to recommend Ring Video Doorbell with HD Video that has a motion sensor to detect when some knock the door or presses the doorbell. Also, it is easy to install and completely legal device. It provides 720p high-resolution video quality from the smartphone app via a home Wi-Fi network. You can talk with people with its two-way microphone and speaker system.