Nowadays, having an outdoor wireless security camera is an excellent solution to protect the home and office from theft and unexpected occurrence. It allows to watch movements of people who visit your home and office. Also, you can see the home condition from your smartphone when you are staying outside. It can detect unexpected movement and sent alert immediately in your phone via notification or email. So, you will get high-security protection against theft, threats and other unexpected accident.
But, the market offers a wide range of models, with different features and designs, so it is not always easy to choose. In this article, we have rounded up 5 best outdoor wireless security camera system with DVR that will improve your home security.
How Can I Hide My Security Cameras Outside?
You can hide your security cameras outside in many different ways. The most popular method is: hide the camera by placing it inside of a birdhouse or feeder with perfect direction. Also, you can purchase a fake garden gnome, place the camera inside and make a hole according to the lens. You can find some doorbells in the market that allows to put the camera inside. Besides, it is a better option to hide the camera and record everything secretly. Finally, you use the fake pipeline to hide the camera, but it is costly.
Note: Here, we have covered how to hide security cameras outside. If you want to know more about security cameras, you can read: how does a security camera work?
Table of Content
Below is the table of content for your quick navigation:
If you want to see our selected outdoor cameras at a glance, you can do it from the comparison chart below:
YESKAMO Long Range Wireless Outdoor Home Security Camera System with 16inch 1080p IPS Monitor
[8CH Expandable] Hiseeu All in one with 10.1" Monitor Wireless Security Camera System
【2020 Update】 10 inch Screen HD 1080P 8-Channel Outdoor Wireless Security Camera System
Security Camera System Wireless,Firstrend 8CH 1080P NVR Security Camera System
HeimVision HM245 8CH 1080P Security Camera System, 5MP-Lite HD-TVI DVR 4Pcs 1920TVL
5 Best Outdoor Wireless Security Camera System With Dvr Reviews 2020
Finding an outdoor wireless security camera with DVR is a challenging job for various types of models and availability. After doing in-depth research and analysis, we have reviewed 5 best outdoor wireless security camera system with DVR that will improve your home security.
1. YESKAMO Long Range Wireless Outdoor Home Security Camera System with 16inch 1080p IPS Monitor
YESKAMO Long Range Wireless Outdoor Home Security Camera System comes with 4 floodlight Wi-Fi cameras that have a motion detection sensor to see who is walking inform of your house. Also, its colorful night vision range is up to 100 ft away and offers 178 degrees wide-angle view for the better watching experience. It can be connected with 2.4 GHz home Wi-Fi network and 5 GHz is not supported.
It allows to expand up to 8 cameras in one home Wi-Fi network so it can be considered as the best 8 channel security camera system. Its 2TB hard disk can record videos up to 50 days with 4 cameras, which is double than others. Also, it comes with 16 inches IPS monitor that provides 1080p full HD video quality and can show 8 camera’s real-time video at a time and can be controlled with remote control access.
The cameras have a built-in speaker and microphone that allows to speak to people and record conversation automatically for future inspection. It has an amazing siren alarm system that notifies status and email on your phone immediately. Also, the wireless home security cameras with dvr has IP66 weatherproof certification that ensures protection from water and dust.
YESKAMO Long Features:
- It is equipped with 4 floodlight camera that has PIR and motion detection sensor that provides high security.
- The 16 inches 1080p HD monitor has a built-in 2TB hard drive that ensures 178° wide angle clear viewing experience.
- Its night vision can cover up to 100ft with colorful viewing experience and provide stunning HD image quality.
- The IP66 weatherproof security ensures protection from rain, water, etc. so you can fit outside without any hesitation.
- It allows to expand up to 8 cameras and provide non-stop recording up to 50 days with H.265 compression.
2. [8CH Expandable] Hiseeu All in one with 10.1″ Monitor Wireless Security Camera System
Hiseeu All in one with 10.1″ Monitor Wireless Security Camera is equipped with 1TB hard drive that allows to record up to 30 days with 4 cameras. The camera has a motion detection sensor that sends alert when any suspicious task detected so it could be the best value security camera. Its infrared night vision can cover up to 98 ft with clear footage. Also, its 1080p image sensors ensure stunning HD video all day long.
The home security cameras with DVR works through home Wi-Fi network and you can extend up to 8 cameras under this network for extra coverage. It provides 78 degrees viewing angle with 2 megapixels camera and you can read a vehicle number plate from 28ft distance to camera. Also, it made IP66 weatherproof alloy metal that provides waterproof protection with durability.
It can be controlled remotely from anywhere with the “EsseCloud” app through your android and apple smartphone. It sent email alert and notification when your home at risk or unexpected movement detected. Also, you can watch the real-time video with your mobile network data. It only works with 2.4 GHz home Wi-Fi network, not 5 GHz. For these advantages, it can be considered as the best outdoor wireless security camera system with dvr.
8CH Expandable Features:
- It comes with 4pcs 2 megapixels Wireless camera that has a motion sensor to alert unexpected movement.
- The 10.1 inches monitor has 1TB storage that provides non-stop recording more than 30 days with 4 cameras.
- It can be controlled remotely from anywhere with the EseeCloud app in android and apple devices.
- The IR night vision can provide a clear view up to 98ft and has a 78° wide-angle view with HD video.
- It is made with alloy housing and has IP66 protection that protects the cameras from rainwater.
3. 【2020 Update】 10 inch Screen HD 1080P 8-Channel Outdoor Wireless Security Camera System
If you are looking for the most affordable home security camera, the 10 inches screen HD 1080p 8-channel outdoor wireless security camera system. It comes with 4 pcs camera that has a motion detection sensor to alert when any unexpected movement happens. Also, it has one-way audio systems that allow to hear outside voice but does not allow talking.
The NVR is equipped with 10 inches LCD monitor that provides 1080p HD quality video and pairs automatically with cameras. It has a tree array infrared LED for night vision that provides a clear view up to 60 ft away. Also, the cameras are certified with IP-67 that ensures protection from water, cold and high exposure. It works under a home Wi-Fi network and you can extend up to 8 cameras if needed.
The NVR has 1TB storage that provides non-stop surveillance for more than 1 month. You can remotely control the security system from PC, Mac, smartphone and tablets. In smartphones, you can easily monitor by installing the Eseecloud app at anytime and anywhere with an internet connection. For these points and easy installation, it can be considered as the best outdoor security camera system.
10 inch Screen Features:
- It is equipped with 10.1 inches LCD monitor and 1TB hard drive that provides 1080p HD video.
- The IP67 rating ensures rainproof, dustproof and anti-snow protection with long-lasting durability.
- It has 4pcs wireless camera and can be extended up to 8 cameras that provide a 70° wide-angle view with night vision mode.
- Easily to control remotely with Eseecloud smartphone app, PC, Mac and tablet.
- Its one-way audio allows hearing to people and motion sensor alert when suspicious movement happens.
4. Security Camera System Wireless, Firstrend 8CH 1080P NVR Security Camera System
Firstrend Security Camera System comes with 4 pcs IP security bullet camera that provides 960p video recording. It has super night vision 6 array IR led that provide up to 65ft distance with the clean viewing experience. Also, it has IP-66 weatherproof ratings that ensure protection from rain, dust and fog. You can extend up to 8 cameras under the home network.
The wireless DVR security camera system comes with a 1TB hard drive that can record videos up to 1 month with 1080p HD quality. You can easily operate it from PC, Mac, laptop, tablet and smartphone. In smartphones and tablets, install the “Danale” app to set up and control the security system. It works with the Wi-Fi network and only supports 2.4 GHz home Wi-Fi connectivity. The cameras and NVR auto paired under the Wi-Fi network system.
The security camera has a built-in motion sensor that alerts you when it detects any unexpected movements and sends you the footage via email. Also, it provides 72 degrees wide-angle view with clean image quality. You can back up the videos on other hard drives for future inspection. After all, it can be considered as the best security camera for the money.
Security Camera Features:
- It comes with 4 IP security bullet cameras that provide 960p video recording with a 65 ft night vision range.
- The NVR has a 1TB hard drive that can record non-stop videos up to 1 month with a 1080p watching experience.
- With the Danale app, you can easily control and monitor everything from your smartphone.
- It has a motion detection sensor that provides instant alert at unexpected movement at your house.
- Its IP66 weatherproof rating ensures protection from water, dust and fog that offers longevity.
5. HeimVision HM245 8CH 1080P Security Camera System, 5MP-Lite HD-TVI DVR 4Pcs 1920TVL
If you are finding the best budget wireless security camera, the HeimVision HM245 Security Camera System will be a right choice for you. It comes with 4 pcs 1920TVL camera that provides colorful day vision and clear night vision up to 65 distance. The 5 megapixels cameras ensure 1080p HD video quality with 85 degrees wide-angle view. Also, it has a motion sensor that sent you instant alert you when unexpected motion is detected to ensure security.
The security system works through the Wi-Fi network and allows to extend up to 8 cameras for extra space coverage. You have to download VMS software to monitor surveillance remotely from smartphones and PC. It has a face and human detection sensor and immediately sent alert with his or her photo.
It supports max 6TB hard drive, but it has not included a hard drive. It has IP66 ratings that ensure protection from bad weather, rain, dust and fog so that it will provide long-lasting service at all conditions. Also, it sends video block alerts during power loss or line damage and protects privacy with high security. So, it can be your best security camera for home use.
HeimVision HM245 Features:
- It is equipped with 4 pcs 5 megapixels 1920TVL cameras that provide 1080p full HD video quality.
- The NVR can support up to 6TB hard drive and has 8 channels to use up to 8 cameras at a time.
- With the VMS software, you can monitor and control everything from the smartphone, tablet and PC.
- It has face, human and motion detection sensors that improve security by send alerts with the footage.
- The IP66 rating provides 20°C to 50°C heat toleration, waterproof and fog proof protection.
What To Consider Before Buying An Outdoor Wireless Security Camera System With Dvr?
Whether you want to secure your home with the best outdoor wireless security camera system with DVR, you should follow some factors that will help you to get the right one. The factors are:
A good quality outdoor security camera offers a standard resolution of 1280 × 720 pixels where cheaper cameras offer 640 × 480 pixels, which is not sufficient to ensure recognition within the image. So, go for the models that have viewing details and ensuring perfect image quality. Also, check the night vision quality, motion detector and audio system of the camera. Night vision range should provide a clear view from a minimum 50 ft distance and the audio system must have clear sound to listen perfectly.
The DVR or NVR of the security camera system comes with a different range of hard drives to save the recorded file. The storage should be at least 1TB, which allows to save recorded videos more than 30 days with 4 cameras. Also, check the support capacity of the system and it should be at least 6TB so you can add an extra hard drive for storing long time videos.
Some outdoor security camera system comes with an LCD monitor that can show up to 8 camera live recording. Some models required to install an app on smartphones, tablets or PC to watch. It will be good to go for both systems so you can watch videos at home and outside with your mobile network data. The application allows to take a screenshot or snap a picture saved on phone storage. When you go outside, the remote operation allows to reassure yourself about the specific situation of your house.
A wireless security camera system requires a W-Fi network to start monitoring. They work on a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network but not 5 GHz, so your router should have a 2.4 GHz network. With the network, you can set up to 8 cameras at a time and watch videos together. If your Wi-Fi router range is low, you can add a Wi-Fi extender for extra coverage. The modern Wi-Fi cameras don’t need wires because the connection can be made with a short power cable. For backup, you can connect the cameras, router and DVR with IPS machine so you will lose videos during load shedding.
Finally, check the protection that your outdoor security camera system is providing. The IP66 and IP67 rating ensure waterproof, weatherproof and dustproof protection. Some models offer human and face detection that helps to recognize the person outside. Also, it must have a tolerance of 20 to 50 degrees Celsius temperature.
By following these factors, we can get the right outdoor wireless security camera system with DVR that will meet your demands.
Note: Above, we have presented a guide to buying an outdoor wireless security camera system with DVR. If you want to learn more about security camera, you can read: how to pick the perfect security camera?
Why Should You Buy An Outdoor Wireless Security Camera System With Dvr?
For improving home security and several reasons, you should buy an outdoor wireless security camera system with DVR. They are:
- The wireless security camera system has a high range storage capacity up to 6TB. So, you can record videos for a long time without any hesitation.
- They do not need a long wire, can be installed very easily wherever you want. You can move to another place done quickly and easily by removing with coverage Wi-Fi.
- It can be controlled from the smartphone, tablets and PC. When you are staying outside, you can remotely watch what is happening at your house via smartphone 2G/3G/4G network.
- It has a motion detection sensor and audio system that allows to alert when unexpected movement happens and can hear the people’s voice clearly.
- The cameras are built with high-quality metal and certified by Ingress Protection 66 or 67 that ensure waterproof, weatherproof and dustproof protection. So, the camera will provide a long-lasting and durable service.
These are advantages of having an outdoor wireless security camera system with DVR. From our reviewed outdoor wireless security camera system, you can buy anyone that suits your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below, we have answered some frequently asked questions about the outdoor wireless security camera.
Do all wireless security cameras need power?
All wireless security cameras cannot run without power. You must connect the wireless security camera with a wall outlet or AC socket through a power cable for continuous performance.
Are wired security cameras better than wireless?
Wireless cameras are easier to install than wired security cameras. Also, wireless cameras have more features than the wired one. But, wired cameras are reliable for homeowners who want to move cameras a lot for constant surveillance.
How long do batteries last on wireless security cameras?
Maximum wireless security cameras work with a power cable. Some models come with a removable battery that can last 1 to 3 years. After battery expiration, you can replace it easily.
How far can a wireless camera transmit?
High-quality wireless cameras are designed with powerful camera sensors that provide 250 to 450 ft line of viewing performance. Some low-end models have a limited range of 150 to 250 feet line of view.
Where should I put security cameras outside my house?
Generally, we put the security camera in front of the main door where people always move. Also, the cameras can be placed in the basement, garage, second floor, balcony and driveways.
The Wi-Fi surveillance camera has become a necessity not only for the protection of the home but also for the office, the business, etc. Here, we have highlighted the best outdoor wireless security camera system with DVR that will fulfill your demands. In the meantime, I would like to recommend Hiseeu all in one with a 10.1″ monitor wireless security camera system that comes with 4 pcs 1080p wireless camera to ensure a better viewing experience.
It works with a home Wi-Fi network and you can extend up to 8 cameras under a Wi-Fi network for extra coverage. Also, the NVR is equipped with a large monitor and 1TB hard drive that can record non-stop videos for more than 30 days. It has motion detection sensors, IP66 weatherproof protection and clear night vision that provide extra security at your home.