Do you want to know what’s the best way to monitor and safeguard your home from intruders and burglars? Well, the answer is by using a light bulb camera. If you have the best light bulb security camera installed in your home, you’ll have nothing to worry about.
As the name suggests, a light bulb security camera is nothing but a light bulb that hosts a hidden security camera inside it. It’s a really handy tool as it records video, keeps an eye on everyone in the room, and surveils the room even at nighttime. You can use it as a nanny cam or use it to keep an eye on your kids or pets, and is extremely easy to install.
Let’s jump into our reviews and analysis of the best light bulb cameras in the market.
How Did We Create This List?
We can tell you one thing, coming up with this list was not a walk in the park. A lot of research and effort was put into making this list. At first, we had to study hundreds of articles to get an idea about what to look for. Then we interviewed 5 experts in the field to get their opinion. And even we bought some of the best to test.
In total, we reviewed 45 different products in a quest to find the best light bulb security camera. And we had to read more than 400 customer reviews.
And now we can confidently say that each of these products is the best in the industry and they surely deserve to be on this list.
30 Sec Quick Summary – Best Light Bulb Security Camera
Alright, before we dive into the detailed reviews of the products, you should take a look at a quick summary of each of these products. It’ll help you pick the one that’s suitable for you:
- Best Wifi Light Bulb Security Camera: VIBOOS Led Cam
- Best Budget Light Bulb Camera: Dekugaa Light Bulb Camera
- Best for home security: OLTEC Light Security Camera
- Best for long term usage: NAIYO Dome Surveillance Camera
- best light bulb security camera outdoor: Senbisen Surveillance Camera
- Best light bulb security camera for indoor use: HeyLR Light Bulb Camera
- Best Remote-Controlled Light Bulb Camera: BALHP Light Bulb Camera
- Best Durable Light Bulb Camera: Full HD 3MP Light Bulb
- Best Stylish Wifi Light Bulb Security Camera: Symynelec Wireless Bulb Security Camera
- Best Feature-Rich Wifi Light Bulb Security Camera: Amaryllo 360° Light Bulb Security Camera
Check the new LIVE GUARD PRO Light Smart Bulb 360 Security Camera
Before we get started with the reviews, it would be a good idea for you to take a quick look at the following comparison chart of these products:
Best Wifi Light Bulb Security Camera
|VIBOOS Led Cam||Check Price|
Best Budget Light Bulb Camera
|Dekugaa Light Bulb Camera||Check Price|
Best for home security
|OLTEC Light Security Camera||Check Price|
Best for long term usage
|NAIYO Dome Surveillance Camera||Check Price|
best light bulb security camera outdoor
|Senbisen Surveillance Camera||Check Price|
Best light bulb security camera for indoor use
|HeyLR Light Bulb Camera||Check Price|
Best Remote-Controlled Light Bulb Camera
|BALHP Light Bulb Camera||Check Price|
Best Durable Light Bulb Camera
|Full HD 3MP Light Bulb||Check Price|
Best Stylish Wifi Light Bulb Security Camera
|Symynelec Wireless Bulb Security Camera||Check Price|
Best Feature-Rich Wifi Light Bulb Security Camera
|Amaryllo 360° Light Bulb Security Camera||Check Price|
Top 10 Best Light Bulb Security Cameras Reviews 2022
Now let’s move on to the part that you’re actually here for. Yes, it’s time to go through our in-depth reviews of each of the products that we have listed on the chart. We will talk about the strengths and weaknesses of each of the products so that you can make an informed choice. Let’s begin:
1. Best Wifi Light Bulb Security Camera: VIBOOS Led Cam
The VIBOOS wireless light bulb camera is a cool little device that provides excellent image quality and it also comes at a reasonable price. It’s great for those who want a camera that can shoot 1080p high-definition video with great video stabilization and excellent video resolution.
It also has great night shooting and is really easy to use. You can connect it to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi connection and setting up the device is fairly simple. Just install the app on your smartphone and then follow the guidelines given in the instruction manual.
It not only lights the room but also monitors it. And the best part about it is that it features IR lights that turn on automatically whenever it senses a darkness in the room. Moreover, it comes with motion sensors (with 5 levels of sensitivity) that will detect any kind of movement in the room.
VIBOOS 16GB Features:
- Comes with app compatibility.
- 5 different viewing settings and a 360-degree fish-eye lens with no blind spot.
- Remote access to the device for turning it on/off and for capturing images.
- Compatibility with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi routers on the connection within a 2-meter radius.
- Real-time access to the surveillance feed.
But, why is it on the number one spot on this list? I hear you ask. Well, that’s because we were quite impressed by the design and quality of this WiFi security camera. It’s definitely worth every penny.
2. Best Budget Light Bulb Camera: Dekugaa Light Bulb Camera
Are you looking for a feature-rich light bulb camera that also comes at an affordable price? If so, you should look no further than the Panoramic dome camera made by Dekugaa.
This light bulb security camera will not only light up your living room but also monitor it for any kind of suspicious activities. You can easily connect it to your 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi router and use it as a pet or baby monitor.
We really liked the fact that this light bulb can detect whether the room has gotten dark or not. And it turns on as soon it detects darkness so that you can get a clear image.
Dekugaa Light Features:
- Features a 360-degree fish-eye camera for a panoramic viewing experience.
- Has a plug-and-play type design and it provides 3D viewing.
- Comes with a remote viewing that lets the user view the camera’s feed via his/her smartphone.
- Features night vision that lets you choose between color mode and black and white mode. (even at night time)
- Has a motion detection alarm.
Overall, the Dekugaa light bulb is pretty impressive especially considering its price. We highly recommend it.
3. Best for home security: OLTEC Light Security Camera
If you’re looking for a smart way of keeping round-the-clock surveillance for your office or home, the OLTEC light security camera would be a perfect choice. It features a 360-degree camera that provides a wide-angle view of the entire room.
And it does not have any blind spots. Therefore, you can see everything that’s going on inside the room at any given moment. Moreover, it can record crisp HD (1080P) videos from its hidden camera.
It supports up to 64GB SD cards for recording the surveillance feed. As it has an easy-to-use graphical user interface, you won’t have a tough time figuring out how to operate this bulb camera.
You can playback its recorded video or activate its alarm remotely using its smartphone app.
OLTEC 1080P Light Features:
- Lets you stream the feed live on your device or record it using its microSD card.
- Using cutting-edge imaging technology, this light security camera allows you to monitor everything that’s happening in the room in HD clarity.
- Comes with a motion sensor and an alarm system.
- Has app compatibility and the app lets you live-stream the feed and activate the alarm.
- Sends a push alarm to the phone in case it detects any intruders.
The OLTEC light security camera has excellent video quality; it’s easy to set up and use and it’s long-lasting. What more could you want?
4. Best for long term usage: NAIYO Dome Surveillance Camera
If you want to have the coolest dome surveillance camera in the market to provide security to your home, then look no further than NAIYO light bulb camera. It features a super-comprehensive and easy-to-use app that offers tons of options to the users.
Its excellent 360° view lets you have a look at the entire room without any blind spots. And that saves you a lot of money as you won’t have to go out of your way to buy multiple cameras. You can also zoom in or out on the feed.
Setting up this device is pretty easy as you can just connect it to your Wi-Fi router. Then you have to connect the bulb to its Android/IOS app and that’s it.
NAIYO Dome Surveillance Features:
- The bulb is compatible with E27 sockets.
- Provides a 360-degree 3D view of the room it is in.
- It’s compatible with the ICsee app that lets the users check on the room any time that they want.
- The app is quite secure as it makes sure only the person with the right username and password is getting access to the feed.
The NAIYO camera is a fantastic product and it’s definitely worth considering.
5. best light bulb security camera outdoor: Senbisen Surveillance Camera
If you want to ensure the safety of your house day or night, you should seriously consider purchasing the Senbisen light bulb surveillance camera. It features a 1080P full HD camera that delivers remarkably high-quality feeds. It will provide you with clear, smooth images no matter the lighting condition of the room.
And the best part is that you don’t have to buy several of these cameras in order to bring your room under surveillance. As it provides a 360-degree viewing angle, only one camera will be enough for a single room.
Senbisen has its proprietary encryption technology that lets you save the video on its micro-SD card for later viewing.
Senbisen Wi-Fi Home Features:
- Is compatible with 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks.
- Has a plug-and-play type system and it provides 1080 x 1920 HD quality.
- Can support SD cards with a storage of 8-128 GB.
- The videos are encrypted and can only be opened via the user’s account information.
Senbisen light bulb camera had caught our eye because of its unique design and excellent footage quality. You should consider it.
6. Best light bulb security camera for indoor use: HeyLR Light Bulb Camera
Are you looking for a good light bulb that also works as an excellent security camera for your living room? Well, the HeyLR is not only a bright energy-saving blub, it also has all the features that you’ll require from a top-tier surveillance camera.
It comes with a ton of useful features such as a panoramic 360-degree view, and 1080p HD camera for providing the ultimate visibility in all lighting conditions.
Its ability to capture high-quality images will surely be helpful when it comes to securing your home. You can rest assured if you have this light bulb camera installed in your home.
That’s because it can detect motion with pinpoint accuracy. And as soon as it detects any unwanted movement inside your house, it will send you an alarm immediately.
The setup process is also quite straightforward. Just go to the Google Play store and download the app named 360Eyes. After that, you have to connect the bulb to the app.
HeyLR Light Bulb Features:
- Comes with IR lights for night vision. And it lets you choose between color or B/W mode.
- Features a bi-directional audio system that lets the user communicate with others in the house through the bulb.
- Can be controlled with the “360Eyes” app and you can also remotely view real-time footage with the app.
- Is compatible with E27 sockets and 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks.
The HeyLR light bulb camera is very easy to install and use. On top of that, it provides excellent night vision. We really liked it.
7. Best Remote-Controlled Light Bulb Camera: BALHP Light Bulb Camera
And in the 7th place, we have the new BALHP smart light bulb camera. Although its resolution is a bit lower than the other entries, it is nonetheless a very impressive light bulb camera.
It has a remarkably accurate motion detection system that only detects if there are any intruders in the room but also sends you a push alarm if that happens. This light camera also lets you playback the motion alert clips so that you don’t miss any moments.
On top of that, the BAPHP smart security camera also comes with a night vision system that utilizes an AI model to detect if there are any people in the room. The night vision light will automatically turn on if it determines that there’s somebody inside the room.
BALHP Light Features:
- Takes 3 minutes for the bulb to start operating.
- Supports 4G, 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connections.
- Features a 1080p HD camera that lets you choose between five different viewing modes.
- Supports SD cards with a storage capacity of up to 128 GB.
The BALHP light bulb camera provides amazing picture quality and it’s highly rated by its customers. You should check it out.
8. Best Durable Light Bulb Camera: Full HD 3MP Light Bulb
If you want to have a security camera in your room and don’t want it to be obvious to any visitors that the room is under surveillance, then you should go for this light bulb camera.
It has a simple design and nobody would ever expect that it contains a camera inside. Just like the previous entries on the list, it also features cellphone notification and app compatibility.
But we should remind you, this light bulb isn’t that bright and so please don’t use it for the sole purpose of lighting the room.
Full HD 3MP Security Features:
- Features a 3 MegaPixel camera lens with a resolution of 2048 x 1536.
- Has IR lights that turn on automatically in the dark.
- Unlike the other entries on the list, it features a metal outer shell.
- Can store the recordings of the feed in the memory card.
This security light bulb camera does an excellent job of guarding your home against any sort of intrusions. We strongly recommend it.
9. Best Stylish Wifi Light Bulb Security Camera: Symynelec Wireless Bulb Security Camera
This is probably the most feature-rich light bulb security camera that we have ever come across. It’s compatible with various operating systems like Android, iOS, and Windows 7/8/10.
It has an ABS plastic housing and it’s pretty inconspicuous. You can use its automatic motion detection alarm system to keep your house secured from buglers. It also features real-time feed, recording, a two-way communication system, and a lot more.
Symynelec Wireless Features:
- Features a 360-degree fisheye camera that can connect to 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.
- Supports 8GB-128GB micro-SD cards.
- Comes with night vision so that you get 24/7 uninterrupted surveillance.
- Five different sensitivities to choose from.
On the whole, this light bulb camera exceeded our expectations. We can’t recommend it enough.
10. Best Feature-Rich Wifi Light Bulb Security Camera: Amaryllo 360° Light Bulb Security Camera
We have saved the best for the last. The Zeus indoor camera is the perfect tool for those who just want a quality security camera and don’t want to deal with the fuss of a complex installation process.
You won’t be missing even a single moment if you have this security camera installed. And it comes with a free-to-use smartphone app that lets you see the live-stream, review the playback footage, and even has premium biometric features.
Amaryllo has even integrated a state-of-the-art fire alarm system onto this camera.
Amaryllo 360° Features:
- Comes with a military-grade 256-bit encryption system. So you can rest assured that your data is safe.
- Features a facial recognition system.
- Can automatically tilt and track objects in all directions and doesn’t have any blind spots.
- A fire alarm system can detect fires within a 20 feet radius.
If you want to have an exceptional security camera in the house without having to deal with any messy wiring, this is the one you should order.
How to Install a Light Bulb Security Camera?
Now that we’ve gone through the detailed reviews of the top ten light bulb cameras in the market, you might be wondering, how you can install one once you buy it.
That’s why we will now discuss the process of installing a light bulb security camera in your house. Before we get started, you must first make sure that the bulb you’ve bought is able to fit into the sockets of your house. You’ll also require a good internet connection.
With all that said, let’s look at the steps you need to follow to install a light bulb camera:
- At first, you must make sure that the power to the socket is turned off. This is for safety purposes.
- Remove the previous bulb (if there exists one). First, let the bulb cool down for some time and then rotate it counter-clockwise until it gets loosened. Once it’s out take it away.
- Now take the light bulb camera and place it inside the socket.
- Then rotate it in the clockwise direction. Keep rotating it until it’s tightened into place.
- Turn the power back on and check to see if it works or not.
- After that install the corresponding app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Connect the app to the light bulb camera via Wi-Fi and you’re good to go.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are light bulb cameras good?
The answer is obviously yes! Light bulb cameras are exceptional surveillance tools that are also quite affordable. They are also quite convenient for the users.
Can you hide a camera in a light bulb?
Well, Duh! We are reviewing the best light bulb security cameras in this article, right? And each of these products is basically light bulbs that have a hidden camera in them.
Do light bulb cameras work?
Yes, they do work. They work by connecting to the home’s Wi-Fi network and they store the video footage in their micro-SD card. They also have motion sensors and night visions.
Where do they store video?
Well, that varies from product to product. Most light bulb cameras store the video in a micro-SD card. And then there are some bulbs that store the video on could storage.
How much data will they use?
Typically, a light bulb security camera will consume roughly 60 GB per month if you keep it on 24/7. And if it’s on high-resolution then that jumps up to 140 GB.
Do light bulb security cameras use a lot of data?
Actually, they do. They have to be connected to the cloud storage at all times and they need to provide real-time feed. And that takes up a lot of bandwidth.
What is the lifespan of a light bulb camera?
If you turn the bulb off when it’s not in use and you have a stable electricity connection, then the light bulb camera will last for years and years.
Can I hear audio with my LED light camera?
You might not have known this, but most light bulb cameras come with microphones that allow the users to have two-way communication with other members inside the house.
Wow, that was a long article! Thanks for staying with us till the very end. Hopefully, you’ve found the information provided above useful and informative.
And don’t worry, we won’t leave without letting you know about our top pick from the entire list. In our opinion, the VIBOOS 1080P LED Cam is the ideal candidate for the title of the best light bulb security camera.
Its variable viewing modes and 360-degree panoramic visuals are what sets it apart from the rest of the light bulb cameras in the market.