When it comes to selecting your home security camera setup, reliability is a significant issue, especially in terms of security. Going for the most-selling brands is the safest option as they have already proven their capability. Amcrest and Reolink both are best selling brands for security camera setups, and both of them offer some impressive features. Selecting either of these brands becomes a daunting job, sometimes, as they have almost similar facilities.
Our security camera expert team has made a comparison between them both that can help you choose the best one. If you’re looking for the right guideline for choosing Amcrest vs Reolink, I’m going to help you out. Stick to the article to get your next security measurement to a whole new level with the best security camera.
Table Of Content
Follow this navigation links to jump to the specific section of the comparison guides and camera reviews:
Here is a quick comparison chart of both the camera brand’s best products that will help you compare them side by side.
Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) Outdoor Security IP Turret PoE Camera, 3840x2160, 164ft NightVision, 2.8mm Lens, IP67 Weatherproof, MicroSD Recording (128GB), White (IP8M-T2499EW)
Reolink PoE IP Camera Outdoor 5MP HD Video Surveillance Work with Google Assistant, Security IR Night Vision Motion Detection Sound SD Card Slot
Amcrest vs Reolink, both of them are best selling brands for security cameras, and both of them are maintaining good reputations. If you’re finding it hard to choose the best between them, this is the part you need the most. I’ll talk about the brands, what benefits they offer, and their best selling product as well, stay tuned!
About Amcrest security cameras Brand
Amcrest is a security product manufacturer, including security cameras, wi-fi doorbells, GPS trackers, thermal cameras, and so on. Although they are based in the USA, they’re delivering their security products around the world in a considerable measure. They have top-notch technologies in their products to ensure the highest possible security with the latest connectivity capabilities.
Benefits of Amcrest security cameras
Choosing Amcrest as your security solution can be a great decision because they offer some impressive, high-end facilities, such as:
- You can operate the Amcrest cameras with your voice, using Amazon Alexa. You can order Alexa to show the live footage from a specific camera in your house, and it will do so.
- Amcrest cameras come with two-way audio input and output technology for maximum convenience. You can talk to the person in the frame of the camera using it live from anywhere.
- The resolution of the Amcrest cameras in 4K, so you can preview, save, or watch live footage in ultra high-quality resolution.
- Low light or bigger distances are not a big deal anymore if you’re using Amcrest security cameras. They’re capable of capturing bright footage using night vision technology.
- You can live stream the footage from the Amcrest cameras with your mobile phone from anywhere, even if you’re not home.
Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) Outdoor Security IP Turret PoE Camera, 3840×2160, 164ft NightVision, 2.8mm Lens, IP67 Weatherproof, MicroSD Recording (128GB), White (IP8M-T2499EW)
The Amcrest UltraHD 4K camera comes with 4K resolution right out of the camera unit, giving you over 3840×2160 pixels for maximum clarity. It has a wide viewing angle of 112° with the latest 8MP Sony IMX274 camera sensor that has a motion sensor. This sensor will detect any movement, notify you, and keep a record.
You’ll get cutting edge technologies to keep secure 24/7 even in low light or night. It has NightVision technology to give you clear footage at night from up to 164 feet. The built-in IR LED will illuminate the darkness and give you a video surveillance system and store that. The storage capability for this camera is up to 128 GB along with the NVR.
For a better convenience for outdoor security surveillance, it comes with IP67 water and dustproof housing. It’s a PoE power camera, and you can watch the live footage from your phone with 2-way audio, which makes it the best PoE security camera system. You can also get a cloud video backup system with the latest H. 265 encryption method.
Amcrest UltraHD Features:
- This camera comes with 4K resolution, featuring an 8 Megapixel Sony IMX274 sensor.
- It’s a PoE module with an NVR module to connect online with the Armrest view smartphone app.
- You can use this camera outdoors as its water, dustproof IP67 rating with full metal housing.
- The camera is full of NightVision with IR LEDs with a 112° angle for up to 164 feet of FOV.
- It has the latest H. 265/H. 246 encrypted security system for maximum cloud security.
Reolink is a security camera production company that makes smart security solutions for both homes and businesses. It started its journey back in 2009 by making security cameras that you can Plug and Play without any complicated setup. They make true wireless cameras with 360° rotation, wifi and data connectivity, double-audio, and so many cutting-edge features.
Reolink cameras are born-smart, and they deliver high-end security along with the best quality. Some of the most important beneficial aspects of Reolink security cameras are:
- You can use them with voice control, using Google Assistant with your smartphone or Amazon Alexa.
- They deliver the maximum possible long-distance capturing capability all the way up to 100 feet with a wide-angle view.
- You can watch the live footage from the Reolink cameras from anywhere in the world, and remote control them as well.
- Reolink cameras can record video 24/7 day and night clearly with a daylight sensor and built-in mic input system.
- The cameras from Reolink are completely waterproof and dustproof, so you can use them outside the house in any environment.
This PoE IP Camera from Reolink comes with a 5 MP high definition camera with 2560x1920p full HD resolution. It has a wide viewing angle of 80° for maximum coverage in front of the camera up to 100 feet. Furthermore, it’s fully water and dustproof with an IP66 rating for outdoor usage in its sturdy housing.
It has infrared Night Vision technology along with a dedicated daylight sensor to give you seamless recording. You’ll get continuous recording day and night and low light conditions with the help of the automated sensor. You can live stream that footage from anywhere in the world, using the Reolink smartphone app.
The camera module has PoE connectivity with its own NVR base station, where you can use up to 3 TB of storage. You can voice command the camera to keep a record, switch screen with Google assistant with your phone. It can also start recording on its own, using its built-in motion sensor that can detect any movement within the range.
Reolink PoE IP Features:
- This camera has a 5 MP 80° wide-angle camera with a long-distance shot of 100 feet.
- You can control it with voice control with Google Assistant or your smartphone app.
- It comes with 18 pieces of IR LED lights for maximum clarity for night vision footage.
- The camera module has PoE power and an NVR base station with up to 3tb storage.
- It has a smart motion sensor with the daylight sensor for automatic movement detection.
As both the cameras have some impressive features to serve you with maximum benefits, choosing the right one is tricky. Both of them have 24/7 day and night recording capability, and Both give you live online footage with control. From my point of view or recommendation toward these products, I can give you two perspectives. If you need a higher viewing angle with higher resolution, you must go for the Amcrest UltraHD 4K for maximum output. However, if you have a small space to cover and prefer smooth operation and reasonable pricing, Reolink PoE IP Camera is the one you need.
Comparison Between 2 Brand Product
Although both the cameras have almost the same capabilities to give you high-end surveillance systems, there are some significant differences. Here are the vital comparable features and benefits of Amcrest vs Reolink:
- Camera quality: The Amcrest has an 8 MP Sony IMX274 camera sensor with 4K video recording capability. The Reolink setup comes with a 5 MP HD camera that can record both in 1080p and 720p.
- Field of View: the Amcrest camera comes with a super wide and deep FOV with over 112°, and 164 feet. But the Reolink camera has a smaller FOV and depth of 80° and up to 100 feet.
- Smooth operation: The Amcrest camera is voice control capable with Amazon Alexa, if you don’t have Alexa, you cannot get the facility. However, you can control the Reolink camera with Google Assistant, which is available on your Android smartphone!
- Weather resistance: Amcrest is superior to the Reolink camera as it comes with IP677 for dust and water resistance. The Reolink camera module has an IP66 rating for splash and dust resistance. Both can be used outside in any environment you may have.
- Sensors: The Amcrest camera has the Sony Starvis image sensor for low light situations with IR LEDs, and a motion sensor to capture movements. The Reolink has a CMOS image sensor and motion sensor for movement detection with 18 IR LEDs for low light situations.
Both Amcrest and Reolink cameras have some impressive features that you can utilize for maximum security measurement. You can live stream both of the camera modules in high definition and control them with a smart home solution.
However, if you are confused between Amcrest vs Reolink, and need an expert suggestion for the best overall, the Amcrest Camera module will be the best. It offers maximum 4K streaming and recording quality with a higher field of view of 164 feet at 112° wide angle. You can voice control it with Amazon Alexa and live stream from anywhere in the world and get a cloud storage backup.